Agency for Research, Technology and Innovation (ARTI)
The Agency for Research, Technology and Innovation (ARTI) is a public, legal institution
under the competences of the Prime Minister. ARTI is established with the Decision of
Council of Ministers and has started its activity in March 2010.
ARTI aims to build a modern system of science, strengthen of research and technology, as well as their integration inside the higher education system.
ARTI facilitates the exchanging of knowledge, mutual activities and partnership within and outside the country.
ARTI as a coordinating and guiding structure which cooperates with institutions in the field of science and technology for sustainable development of the country, in line with national priorities, development of scientific and technological policies and management of Research and Development (R&D) institutes.
The mission of the Agency for Research, Technology and Innovation is to evaluate, finance, monitor and manage programs and projects in the fields of science, technology and innovation in Albania. ARTI aims to fund projects in the field of Small and Medium Business as well as transfer, modernization and renewal of their technologies.
The vision of ARTI is to enhance science and technology, in accordance with national priorities, by developing the collaboration with institutions and subject in the field of R&D. ARTI contribute in the establishment of infrastructure and instruments which implement said policies by playing a leading role in the creation of a science and technology culture.
ARTI support, monitor and evaluate programs and projects in the fields of science, technology and innovation in the country. Along with the implementation of its mission, ARTI accomplishes the following tasks:
- To cooperate with ministries and other institutions in implementing the strategy of Science, Technology and Innovation (STI) and to promote research in this field;
- To give financial support to programs and projects of STI, in accordance with the priorities defined by the Council of Ministers, based on the assessment made by the relevant commissions;
- To develop application procedures for the preliminary evaluation, monitoring, and final assessment of the programs and projects of STI;
- To monitor and to evaluate activities of STI, at the national level;
- To create and enrich continuously, the database of the analysis and documentation of the STI system;
- To offer technical assistance to all of the institutions in regard to investments in the field of STI;
- To promote the setting up of all levels of STI structures;
- To promote the cooperation with the private sector in the fields of STI;
- To promote, give expertise, coordinate and monitor the bilateral and multilateral cooperation with EU, foreign countries and international organizations in the field of STI;
- To implement governmental policies which have on focus the qualified scientists, research teams and centers of excellence, in the field of STI;
- To implement governmental policies encouraging student and young scientists to participate in the activities in the field of STI;
- To implement governmental policies on brain gain and the engagement of the Albanian intellectual Diaspora in the development of education, science, public administration and the private sector;
- To offer technical support for the executive and legislative institutions, in improving the fulfillment of the necessary legal framework and legal acts in the field of STI.